Homeopathic remedies for Cirrhosis of the Liver
Cirrhosis of the liver is a chronic disease of the liver which requires long term management plan to maintain health and wellbeing. It occurs when the liver tissue under goes scarring, causing a disruption in the performance of its usual metabolic and homeostatic functions. Cirrhosis can be caused by a variety of triggers such as alcohol, viral infections like hepatitis, autoimmune issues, drugs and related toxins, hereditary diseases or parasitic infections. Even heart failure can also lead to a condition called cardiac cirrhosis. Homeopathy is an effective and powerful aid in treating Cirrhosis of the Liver and its symptoms and bringing relief and healing for the patient.
Treatment of Cirrhosis of the Liver
The treatment strategy adopted for cirrhosis depends on the stage of cirrhosis of the liver. It aims to:
• Prevent further degeneration and loss of hepatocytes
• Preventing complications due to liver cirrhosis
• Treatment of the existing complication of Cirrhosis of the Liver
• Identifying cancer at an early stage
• Identifying the need for a liver transplant
Homeopathic remedies for Cirrhosis
Before prescribing a remedy, a homeopath takes down a detailed personal account which delves into the mother’s pregnancy, the early stages of life and what was going on in the child’s life, the rest of that persons life, looking at emotional issues, illnesses, the workplace, life habits and much more. This very intensive and extensive account of your physical, emotional and psychological make up helps the homeopath decide which remedy is suitable for you as each remedy is unique to that individual.
Homeopathy is an all natural method of healing with very few side-effects and is non toxic. The individual is given either a small dose of tablets or liquid drops based on their specific symptoms in a highly diluted form to trigger the body’s innate healing abilities.
Homeopathic remedies can be used to treat the underlying causes of Cirrhosis of the Liver. This includes causes such as viral hepatitis and genetic diseases of Hemochromatosis and Wilson’s disease. They can even be used to treat the effects of alcohol on the liver and various other metabolic changes. These remedies can be used to reduce the physical addiction to alcohol as well.
In the case of viral hepatitis contracted through hepatitis B and C, homeopathic remedies can reduce the viral count especially when introduced in the early stages of cirrhosis. These homeopathic remedies can also give considerable relief to the signs and symptoms liver cirrhosis with zero or few side effects.
Homeopathic Remedies can Help Treat these Symptoms
1. Homeopathic remedies help balance and heal the symptoms that manifest with Cirrhosis. These may include:
• Myalgia (pain in muscles)
• Arthralgia (pain in joints)
• Anorexia (loss of appetite)
• Changes in the sense of smell and taste
• Nausea and vomiting
• Fever (usually low-grade and commonly in hepatitis A and E)
• Pain in the upper right abdomen (usually mild and continuous)
• Dark-colored urine
• Light-colored stools
• Liver/spleen enlargement
2. Control the disease process: Homeopathic remedies work by stopping or slowing the progress of the cirrhotic process. Homeopathic remedies have shown a vital role in reviving liver cells and vastly improving the life prognosis for the patient. They work by stimulating the patient’s immune response and reducing the viral load of the disease, assisting in the recovery process.
3. Dealing with the complications: Homeopathic remedies, if started early can prevent the onset of complications of cirrhosis. These complications may include liver failure, liver cancer or hepatic encephalopathy.
Homeopathy Remedies to Target Symptoms of Cirrhosis
Here is a list of homeopathic remedies which can be given to patients suffering from certain symptoms of cirrhosis:
1. Nux Vomica [Nux vom]: Alcoholics, quinine toxicity, purgative overdose suffering from symptoms of colicky pain.
2. Taraxacum [Tarax]: mapped tongue, altered taste sensation, pain and soreness in liver region, bilious diarrhea with flatulence.
3. Leptandra Virginica [Leptandra]: jaundice with black tarry stools, portal circulation problems and a remedy for acute liver disease, constipation and pain in liver region.
4. Chelidonium Majus [Cheli]: jaundice due to hepatic and gall bladder pathology, abdominal distension, enlarged liver, constipation, chronic alcoholics.
5. Arsenicum album[Ars alb]: fatigue, cirrhosis of the liver with sharp, burning and piercing pain in the liver region.
6. Magnesium Muriaticum [Mag mur]: constipation, acute liver disease, cirrhosis with tenderness and pain, abdominal bloating and a yellow tongue.
Homeopathy Medication for Hepatitis
Homeopathic remedies which may be used for the treatment of hepatitis can include:
Homeopathic Remedies for Alcoholism:
The following homeopathic remedies can be used for those who are suffering from alcoholism. They can help with the uncomfortable physical withdrawal symptoms and the side effects of alcoholism:
Homeopathy can be used to halt the progression of damage due to cirrhosis of the liver. It must be noted however that fibrosis is generally an irreversible process and any form of treatment cannot or very rarely can regenerate the scarred tissues due to cirrhosis of the liver.